WordPress installation on local host gives lot pain to many people. So if you haven’t installed WordPress locally before this article is just made for you.
Hey! Rahul here. In this post I am sharing a great platform from microsoft which will help you to install wordpress locally without any trouble-shouble. The process is really simple and fast.
It’s a simple step by step tutorial with video on how you can install wordpress on localhost with push of button.
Just with push of button you are ready to go. Click Next .
Add your username and password and that’s it. WordPress is successfully installed on your PC. Tadaa!
We are able to do this with software called Webmatrix. Just like the matrix movie this is amazing but easy to understand and use.
Webmatrix 3! Yes that’s the tool from Microsoft which you are going to use for the installation of wordpress on your windows PC.
WebMatrix is a free, lightweight, cloud-connected web development tool
With Webmatrix you are installing microsoft web platform which installs both microsoft web server as well as microsoft database and web framework. Don’t worry these all is done automatically by Webmatrix. You don’t have to configure anything. Unfortunately the tool is from microsoft so it’s limited only for Windows users . Sorry! MAC users haha. But if you are using MAC then check out this great tutorial from Thomas Ewer on wpmu.org – WordPress For MAC – Installation Guide
Please Note : I have also created a video of the wordpress installation. So if you prefer a video tutorial check it out at the end of the post.
So Windows User’s Let’s Get Started :
I have come across many other tutorials about installing wordpress on localhost using XAMP or WAMP but I found them a little bit complicated . Let’s admit that people like simple things and I am here to show you a simple way to install wordpress using Webmatrix.
Everyone can do simple things to make a difference, and every little bit really does count – Stella McCartney
Webmatrix requires microsoft web platform installer for installation purpose. So if you don’t have this already installed on your PC get it from here : Microsoft Webplatform Intsaller 4.5 .
Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.5
The Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI) is a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform, including Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Express, .NET Framework and Visual Web Developer easy. The Web PI also makes it easy to install and run the most popular free web applications for blogging, content management and more with the built-in Windows Web Application Gallery.
Install Webmatrix On Your PC
- Go to page : Microsoft Webmatrix
- Download Webmatrix and start the installation
- This will be your startup installation screen
- Uncheck the box which asks your permission to send your usage data to microsoft.
- Now downloading of Webmatrix will start. This is the most boring step as it will take some time to download as all the microsoft web installation are kind of slow. You can take look at my downloading speed. Haha 10 KB/sec .
- Now avoid addition of Microsoft Azure products and just click on exit.
- Now the installation of webmatrix has been completed successfully.
Now Let’s Install WordPress Locally
- Go to your desktop and Start Microsoft Webmatrix
App gallery will take few seconds to load. In app gallery you will see many CMS which you can install with webmatrix within few minutes. You can see about 67 web apps are supported by webmatrix. Amazing! That’s one good tool. You can see wordpress right at the top left corner. You should even try out Joomla and other CMS and install them locally.
- After clicking on next you will again have to click on next! Tadaa!
- Accept the the EULA.
- Now the real game starts. Webmatrix will download and start installation of WordPress.
- Note : Click on copy usernames and passwords. It will copy the username and passwords . Now save it in txt file. You will need them afterwards.
- Now these is where you will be doing alot of editing and customizations. These are various wordpress files.
- Webmatrix will automatically redirect you to your default browser for further installation needs.
- You will see the following screen. Fill out the information asked for the WordPress installation.
- You can see here I have filled the needed information.
- Success! Yes installation of wordpress on localhost is successfully completed.
- At last the login screen have arrived.
- Wooho! WordPress is successfully installed locally and ready for testing. BTW it took me about 7-8 minutes to reach here.
As told earlier this is the video tutorial on the installation of WordPress Locally. BTW I just wanted to share a little secret with you. Yah! This is the first ever video I have created and uploaded on Youtube. As this my first video it took me some real efforts to get it done neatly. So I would be glad if you could take out some time and review the video and don’t forget to like the video if you found it helpful.
Love WordPres? Then checkout some of my other articles on WordPress :
- 15 Useful WordPress Tricks That You Need To Implement
- 12 Best Free Wordpress Themes
- Ultimate List Of Best Free WordPress Plugins
Yes I need your feedback and that too badly. So please let me know if you face any problems while installing wordpress using webmatrix or any other related problems. I also want you do 1 thing if you found the article or video useful. Please share the post with your community on Google Plus or Facebook and let them know that there is a simple way to install WordPress on their PC.
Currently I am pursuing my Engineering in Computer Science in Nagpur,India.
I am developing up myskills in WordPress, SEO , Content Marketing day by day. So I would like to hear from you how I fared. Please let me know .
Get in touch with me on Google + || Facebook .|| Twitter
Latest posts by RaHul Tilloo (see all)
- List Of 25+ Websites To Get Royalty Free Images - July 5, 2013
- 20 Of The Best Places To Sell Your Products Online - June 28, 2013
- How To Install WordPress Locally Using Webmatrix - June 13, 2013